Employment Preparation support can help you successfully find and keep a job in the open or supported employment market.
We provide supported employment for people with disability who need ongoing support to find and keep a job. We also have a range of activities and courses that can help prepare you for working life depending on your interests, needs and skill level. We spend time getting to know our clients as individuals so we can tailor our Employment Preparation supports to suit their needs, as we recognise that everyone is an individual with unique needs and career goals.
With Employment Preparation support, you can choose to learn:
- Employability skills like punctuality, acceptable workplace behaviour, personal presentation and resume building skills and interview techniques.
- Travel Training includes learning what transport options are available to you, how to safely travel, license training and carpooling with workmates. We can also support you to get your drivers license
- Workplace skills like teamwork, the importance of communication, why there is Work, Health and Safety in the workplace and what it means to you and training like First Aid and White Card.
- How to search for jobs and work placements
- We can also assist in finding you work placements and employment through our extensive network of local business contacts as well as our own businesses.