Kurrajong volunteers are typically friendly Riverina Murray region locals who want to lend a helping hand while meeting new people.
While we welcome generous support from a range of people, we particularly look for volunteers with these qualities:
- Confidence in interacting with people with disability, including taking note of non-verbal communication cues.
- Good listening skills.
- General friendliness.
- Ability to speak in small groups.
- Respect towards people’s confidentiality.
- Ability to correctly report any concerns or disclosures.
- Flexibility to fit in with service routines and activities.
At the moment, we’re particularly looking out for people with farming interests or skills as we work to expand our Hildasid Farm.