We know that finding out that your child has a developmental delay or disability can be a worrying time. Our multidisciplinary team at Kurrajong Therapy Plus of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists and Educators can work with you to develop a plan to assist your child in reaching their developmental goals in a warm and nurturing environment.
So, how does this work?
- We believe that a child’s most important teachers are their parents and carers. Our staff will share their knowledge so you can support your child’s development in everyday situations.
- Kurrajong Therapy Plus will provide you with a key worker who will be your main point of contact.
- You will work with your key worker to develop goals for your child’s development that are based on your family’s priorities. This is called an Individual Family Service Plan.
- Kurrajong Therapy Plus runs a variety of group programs for families, which provide information and strategies. Group programs for children and their families allow children to develop their skills in social settings.
- Kurrajong Therapy Plus will provide you with information on other services in your area that could help you.
Kurrajong Short Term Accommodation
Under NDIS, what was once known as respite is now called Short-Term Accommodation. Short Term Accomodations offers short-term breaks for families or carers of children and adults with a disability to help support and maintain their caregiving relationships.
Kurrajong Short Term Accommodation houses are a home away from home and provide the opportunity to participate in fun activities and meet new people in a safe, secure and warm environment.
Parents and carers often have little time for themselves to maintain their own interests, health and relationships. Planned Short Term Accommodation gives families that all-important break.
Short Term Accommodation is available to anyone with an intellectual disability over 8 years of age.
Kurrajong Social, Recreation and Leisure Activities
Our social, recreation and leisure activities program encourages your child to participate within the community with groups of people of the same age and area of interest.
Activities include going to the movies, ten pin bowling, barbeques, park visits and more.
We are able to deliver activities individually or in a group, depending on yours and your child’s needs.