Home mods and specialist accommodation

Home modifications

Home modifications include design and construction, as well as installing equipment or changes to non-structural parts of the building and installing fixtures or fittings. They help people to live as independently as possible or to live safely at home.

We can help you with quotes for home modifications as well as assessing your eligibility.

Specialist disability accommodation

Specialist disability accommodation (SDA) is accommodation for people who need specialist housing to help support their high needs.

SDA is for the homes the services are delivered in, not the support services themselves.

SDA can include special designs or features for people with very high needs, or may be in a location more suitable to provide intensive supports.

We can help you in all areas of SDA including:

  • access to registered SDA houses and units
  • SDA person-specific adjustments
  • SDA support coordination.

We have approved SDA houses and units around the Riverina and Murray regions.

If you need a quote for home modifications or would like to be considered for residency in an SDA house or unit then please get in touch with Kurrajong First Contact.

Home modifications and specialist disability accommodation are funded under the following National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) categories:

These supports are coordinated by: