We're here to help! How to prepare for your scheduled NDIS plan review
How to prepare and what to expect at your yearly NDIS Plan Review
Each year the NDIA will review your NDIS plan and progress you have made towards your goals, after which you will receive a new plan. To get the best outcome from your planning meeting there’s quite a bit of pre-planning involved - Kurrajong is here to assist with all the preparation and requirements will help you with the process.
What is a plan review?
Your National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) plan review looks at how your NDIS plan is going. It gives you the chance to check that your supports are working for you and that they are helping you to reach your goals.
When will your plan review happen?
Your first plan review will happen towards the end of your first 12 months in the NDIS.
Near the end of your first year, a Local Area Coordinator (LAC) will get in touch with you to talk about the review. They will usually phone you about 9 months into your NDIS plan. When the LAC talks to you they will let you know what information and reports you’ll need for your plan review meeting. They will also book a date that suits you for your review meeting. The meeting is usually booked between 10 and 11 months into your NDIS plan.
What will you talk about at your plan review?
At your plan review, you will be able to talk about what supports are working for you and how you are going in reaching your personal goals. You will also be able to talk about what new goals you might want to set and get the chance to set new personal goals that build on what you’ve already achieved.
You’ll also get the opportunity to talk to the LAC about how long your new plan will be. Depending on your situation and goals, you may be able to have a two-year plan instead of a one-year plan.
Who will your plan review be with?
An LAC or NDIS planner will meet with you to review your NDIS plan.
Your plan review can be a face-to-face meeting or over the phone, depending on what suits you best. We recommend a face-to-face meeting if that’s possible, and we can even attend with you if you need the support.
What do you need to do to get ready for your review?
There’s a range of things you will need to bring to your review meeting. The LAC will let you know what you need to bring before your meeting. We can help you to get this information together.
The things you need to bring to your meeting will depend on what is in your plan, they can include:
- a summary of what you’ve achieved towards your goals over the last 10 to 12 months
- a summary of what budgets you have and haven’t spent from your plan, as well as information about anything that has stopped you being able to spend your budget
- for any funded capacity building supports, your service providers will need to give you a report about the goals you’ve achieved. The report will need to include:
- a summary of the progress you’ve made
- what you’ve achieved
- what you haven’t achieved and why
- a recommendation about whether or not these supports need to be continued.
- a list of your goals for the next 12 months to two years – this can include continuing goals that you already have as well as any new goals
- you might also need to give proof of your disability. This might be because your disability was listed as unspecified, developmental or sensory, or if you were under 5 years of age when you were originally diagnosed
Kurrajong will help you collect all of the information and provide you with a Preparation Tool to complete and take to your planning meeting.
Can someone come with you to your plan review?
You are welcome to bring a family member or support person to your plan review. You can also ask one of our staff and your Support Coordinator to come to the meeting to help make sure you get the best outcome.
Who can help you?
Kurrajong First Contact can help you throughout the plan review process and help you to get the information together that you need for your review meeting. We’re also happy to attend your plan review meeting with you – just let us know by calling the Kurrajong First Contact team on 1300 764 620 or complete the contact us form on this website. We have team members across the entire Riverina and Murray regions ready to help you.