This is in the Core category of NDIS supports and replaces the Mobility Allowance.
Transport enables clients to access the community for educational, recreational and vocational purposes.
It is funded under the NDIS as an annual amount and paid fortnightly in advance to clients.
Kurrajong can transport clients in our own cars and buses where it assists clients to strengthen their skills and achieve their NDIS goals.
This may include transport to and from:
- Kurrajong Service Hubs
- capacity building and/or social and recreational activities
- appointments, courses, classes and shopping
- any activity that assists clients to achieve their NDIS goals.
Transport can be delivered by:
- Understanding the NDIS
- Assistance with daily life
- Assistance with social and community participation
- Assistive technology
- Core supports
- Finding and keeping a job
- Home mods and specialist accommodation
- Improved daily living
- Improved learning
- Improved life choices
- Improved living arrangements
- Improved relationships
- Increased social and community participation
- Support coordination