Core supports relates to four different support categories: Assistance with daily life, Transport, Consumables and Assistance with social and community participation .
In an NDIS plan, the description under core supports will refer to two or more of these support categories.
To give you choice and control, funding can be used flexibly between the core categories, depending on the types of supports you want to receive.
This is what’s included under each support category:
- Assistance with daily life – this could include help with personal activities, shopping, household tasks and living arrangements, which we provide through Kurrajong Supported Living.
- Transport – this may be the amount paid to you personally each year, or managed via the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) or a plan manager, like any other support within a plan.
- Consumables – can help you to purchase everyday items such as incontinence aids and feeding equipment.
- Assistance with social and community participation – this can be used to pay for supports to access your community for social and recreation activities either individually or in a group, or to attend a centre-based program.
We can provide supports under every core category.
Support services offered by Kurrajong under this NDIS category include:
- Day services
- Social, recreational and leisure activities
- Life skills development
- Group homes
- Drop-in support
These supports are delivered by:
- Understanding the NDIS
- Assistance with daily life
- Assistance with social and community participation
- Assistive technology
- Core supports
- Finding and keeping a job
- Home mods and specialist accommodation
- Improved daily living
- Improved learning
- Improved life choices
- Improved living arrangements
- Improved relationships
- Increased social and community participation
- Support coordination