This is in the capital category of NDIS supports.
This category includes all aids or equipment that help a person to live independently, or help a carer to support them. It also includes related assessment, set-up and training.
Assistive technology items are included in your NDIS plan and usually need quotes from providers before you buy them.
Kurrajong therapists can assess clients for:
- body, arm, foot and leg supports and splints
- prostheses and orthotics
- customised clothing and protective equipment
- specialised sleeping and personal hygiene aids
- vehicle modifications
- communication equipment including hearing, vision and speech devices
- wheelchairs, hoists and personal mobility equipment.
Support services offered by Kurrajong under this NDIS category include:
These supports are delivered by:
- Understanding the NDIS
- Assistance with daily life
- Assistance with social and community participation
- Assistive technology
- Core supports
- Finding and keeping a job
- Home mods and specialist accommodation
- Improved daily living
- Improved learning
- Improved life choices
- Improved living arrangements
- Increased social and community participation
- Support coordination