We are always looking to get more volunteers involved at Kurrajong. Our volunteers help our clients engage with the community and with customer service activities across the Riverina and Murray regions.
A volunteer should be:
- confident when interacting with people with disability, and able to take note of non-verbal people’s communication
- a good listener
- a people person – friendly, chatty
- used to speaking in small groups
- respectful of people’s confidentiality
- able to record their conversations with people
- able to correctly report any concerns or disclosures
- flexibly fit in with the service routines and activities.
Volunteers don’t need to have experience or qualifications in working with people with a disability – we are happy to train you.